Over the last year I have been working to convene leaders from across the UW-Madison to focus the energy, expertise, and rigor of campus on cities.
The Alliance brings together principals from UW-Madison’s COWS, Global Health Institute, Institute for Research on Poverty, Morgridge Center for Public Service, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, Department of Urban and Regional Planning and UW Extension.
Here’s what people are saying about our pilot project with the City of Monona. #UniverCityOfMonona
- Hoverman, W. (2016, September 19). UW-Madison’s UniverCity Alliance helps Wisconsin communities innovate, grow. UW-Madison news website. http://news.wisc.edu
- Inveiss, M. (2016, September 15). UW partnership will connect classes, community. The Badger Herald website. http://www.badgerherald.com
- Skubish, J. (2016, September 15). Students, faculty kick off year-long partnership with city of Monona. The Daily Cardinal website. http://www.dailycardinal.com
- Glaze, J. (2016, February 5). Focus on Dane County: UW-Madison, Monona to collaborate on city project. Wisconsin State Journal website. http://host.madison.com/wsj
- Pomplun, S. (2016, January 21). Monona, UW-Madison partner on first ‘UniverCity Year’ project. Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies website. http://nelson.wisc.edu
Watch this introduction to the partnership by UniverCity Year Director, Jason Vargo, and Monona Mayor, Bob Miller.